August 1, 2012

The Attitude of Gratitude

"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues,
but the parent of all others."
- Cicero

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.
It turns what we have into enough, and more.
It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.
Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today,
and creates a vision for tomorrow."
- Melody Beattie

“We often take for granted the very things that
most deserve our gratitude.”
- Cynthia Ozick

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
- John F. Kennedy 
 
"I'm sorry for a lot of things, but most of all that I never got the chance to tell you that, no matter what happens next, I'll never be anything but grateful for every moment I spent with you. And even though I keep fumbling for the right words, 
all I really wanted to say was thank you." 
- from a movie "In the Land of Woman"

"If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, 
Thank You, that would suffice."
- Meister Eckhart


Aitäh!

No comments:

Post a Comment